College football tickets
There was an article in today's Wall Street Journal on college football rivalries. What floored me was what the average ticket price was fetching on Stubhub.com (a ticket brokerage). Below are the average ticket prices of upcoming college games, in descending order of price:
Talk about a good way to make some money! I have been to the Alabama/Auburn game a few times when it was at Legion Field in Birmingham and I can honestly say I have never experienced anything like it. The electricity in the crowd for over 3 hours was something to behold. But is it worth $392 a ticket? That is definitely a subjective question that each fan will have to ask himself.
Talk about a good way to make some money! I have been to the Alabama/Auburn game a few times when it was at Legion Field in Birmingham and I can honestly say I have never experienced anything like it. The electricity in the crowd for over 3 hours was something to behold. But is it worth $392 a ticket? That is definitely a subjective question that each fan will have to ask himself. Considering the cost of the games I went to were either the price of a student ticket (my memory fails me, but it was only a few dollars with ID) or free (*cough* I'm taking the fifth amendment here), I never questioned the cost. I would have to be a true fanatic to shell out that much today, and I'm not. But I will enjoy the game on TV!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home