Chrees' world

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Organize your records so your loved ones don’t have to

One of my short-term goals was to gather information and documents to place in a safe deposit box. I was browsing in a bookstore and ran across Get It Together by Melanie Cullen, with Shae Irving, J.D. It is part of the Nolo do-it-yourself series of books. The description of the book reads “Organize your records so your family won’t have to. The step-by-step guide to collecting and organizing your important papers and information—for yourself and your loved ones.”

I had started to summarize important information, but the book provides a template that covers everything. There are many items I never would have thought of to include on my own. It puts you in the shoes of your loved ones: what do they need to know to administer your estate efficiently and effectively?

I highly recommend it if you want to leave comprehensive information and instructions for your loved ones.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home