Costco
My Money Blog mentioned yesterday that you could order checks from Costco and save money. I didn't realize they had this service, so I went to their site to see what else they offered. Services? They offer a lot of services.
The one I'm most tempted by is the monthly special with ShareBuilder. My wife is a business member and can get a $65 account bonus ($10 more than normal) plus a 10% quarterly bonus on transaction fees. I need to look into the offer and ShareBuilder more, but one facet of my long-term plan will be to accumulate high dividend paying stocks. In 20 years, if I have $250K in dividend stocks paying a 2% yield on average, that is an extra $400 per month coming in. That would only take around $200 per month to accumulate, but I need to figure out if this is the right vehicle to get started.
However, the point is that Costco offers many more services than I think most people know about. While I won't rely on them exclusively, I will definitely look to them for getting a quote on some of them. Also, it looks like it is worth keeping up with the monthly specials.
The one I'm most tempted by is the monthly special with ShareBuilder. My wife is a business member and can get a $65 account bonus ($10 more than normal) plus a 10% quarterly bonus on transaction fees. I need to look into the offer and ShareBuilder more, but one facet of my long-term plan will be to accumulate high dividend paying stocks. In 20 years, if I have $250K in dividend stocks paying a 2% yield on average, that is an extra $400 per month coming in. That would only take around $200 per month to accumulate, but I need to figure out if this is the right vehicle to get started.
However, the point is that Costco offers many more services than I think most people know about. While I won't rely on them exclusively, I will definitely look to them for getting a quote on some of them. Also, it looks like it is worth keeping up with the monthly specials.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home