Chrees' world

Friday, December 02, 2005

Credit report

Neo at Neo's Nest Egg posted yesterday on requesting your free annual credit report. I have been meaning to do this for a while so I quit procrastinting. It took a few minutes to do all three agencies, but it was extremely easy to do. I'm still working my way through all the data since there is so much, but it is nice to be able to keep tabs on my credit this way.

I splurged at one of the agencies and got my credit score (yeah, it cost $5.95 but I wanted to see where we were). I was happy to see we were in the excellent range, at the 92nd percentile. I won't get too competitive and try to move higher. In fact the things I have planned on getting rid of credit card debt may actually hurt the score some. But I'm doing what's best for us and I'll check again to make sure we are still in the excellent range.

The last time I had checked our credit score was just before we bought our home two years ago. Our score is up 100 points and we've taken on half a million dollars in debt. I understand the reasoning of having a good payment history on a mix of debt types, but it still seems perverse to me that our score has gone up.

On a side note, I've found two other San Francisco Bay area personal finance bloggers now. It's good to see other nearby people writing about their finances!

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home