Some assembly required
Well, we survived the first night of the 2-year old moving from the crib into his own bed. He did very well. We have some friends that warned us “Wait until the second or third night when he figures out he can get out of bed!” I can hardly wait.
Our town has a city-wide garage sale once a year. You contact some organization, give them your address, and a list of major items/type of items you have for sale and they circulate a map to everyone with that information. For the last one my wife saw a “child’s train bed” listed and went to investigate. It turns out the family had bought for their son who never slept in it—it was practically brand new. So we were able to get a $250 bed (list) for $50 and they were happy to be rid of it. (The only catch was no instructions for me to figure out the best order of assembly—some skinned knuckles later I think I have it down) Our 2-year old loves anything with wheels, and especially trains. I set it up in the living room (without a mattress) so he could play with it and get used to it. Then it got moved to his room, and last night was the moving of his mattress to the “train.” Ah, the drama that goes on with raising kids. I’m sure I’ve only just begun to find out—everything that happens now is probably just a warm-up for when they become teens.
OK, time to charge up the drill battery for “some assembly required” on his Christmas gift. I think Saturday will be filled with the sound of whirring, football on TV, and mild cursing muttered under my breath. Have a great Christmas or Hanukkah!
Our town has a city-wide garage sale once a year. You contact some organization, give them your address, and a list of major items/type of items you have for sale and they circulate a map to everyone with that information. For the last one my wife saw a “child’s train bed” listed and went to investigate. It turns out the family had bought for their son who never slept in it—it was practically brand new. So we were able to get a $250 bed (list) for $50 and they were happy to be rid of it. (The only catch was no instructions for me to figure out the best order of assembly—some skinned knuckles later I think I have it down) Our 2-year old loves anything with wheels, and especially trains. I set it up in the living room (without a mattress) so he could play with it and get used to it. Then it got moved to his room, and last night was the moving of his mattress to the “train.” Ah, the drama that goes on with raising kids. I’m sure I’ve only just begun to find out—everything that happens now is probably just a warm-up for when they become teens.
OK, time to charge up the drill battery for “some assembly required” on his Christmas gift. I think Saturday will be filled with the sound of whirring, football on TV, and mild cursing muttered under my breath. Have a great Christmas or Hanukkah!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home