Ch-ch-ch-changes
Having this blog has made some subtle changes to the way I handle our money. I knew I would be cutting it close with the checking account this month. I paid several bills early and the next paycheck isn’t until tomorrow. So instead of moving money over from our ‘spending’ account (the savings account at the same bank that I use to accumulate money for large expenses like property taxes and insurance), the last few days I have really micromanaged the way I spend money. A small thing, but trying to demonstrate some discipline.
Maybe I should sit down and try to formulate my approach to money and my goals. My goals are important to me, but I’m going to enjoy the road getting there, also. No one will ever accuse me of being frugal, but I try not to waste money on frivolous things either. Of course, frivolous is in the eye of the beholder.
Today is my last day in this wonderful office. So long view of the outside world! Everything except what is on top of my desk is packed and ready to go. Tomorrow will probably be a wasted day as everything is moved, computers hooked up, etc.
And today marks the first time a stock of mine has gone up more than 20% in a single day. Most of my holdings are in the biotech and pharma areas, and even worse (to most people) in companies where products are still in trials. The movements in these companies aren’t for the faint of heart. And of course, now I’m wishing I had been bolder in buying stock in this company!
Maybe I should sit down and try to formulate my approach to money and my goals. My goals are important to me, but I’m going to enjoy the road getting there, also. No one will ever accuse me of being frugal, but I try not to waste money on frivolous things either. Of course, frivolous is in the eye of the beholder.
Today is my last day in this wonderful office. So long view of the outside world! Everything except what is on top of my desk is packed and ready to go. Tomorrow will probably be a wasted day as everything is moved, computers hooked up, etc.
And today marks the first time a stock of mine has gone up more than 20% in a single day. Most of my holdings are in the biotech and pharma areas, and even worse (to most people) in companies where products are still in trials. The movements in these companies aren’t for the faint of heart. And of course, now I’m wishing I had been bolder in buying stock in this company!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home