Doff thy name
I keep receiving questions on the name used here—what it is, how to pronounce it, etc. I guess I didn’t make things easy, did I?
The name goes back to the first time I signed onto a discussion board and had to come up with a handle. For some reason unknown to me I did a phonetic spelling of how I pronounce the name of Chris, a friend of mine. I have used it for years now, and it has become sort of an alter-ego (although hopefully not in a full-blown Jekyll and Hyde way).
So combine a funny sort of name with a bad title to a weblog and that’s what you get. I’ll rethink the name at some point, but hopefully you won’t throw your neck out of joint while shaking your head at the way it currently stands.
Nothing fancy or even with deep meaning. Just something silly combined with lack of foresight, which sums up a lot of what I do!
The name goes back to the first time I signed onto a discussion board and had to come up with a handle. For some reason unknown to me I did a phonetic spelling of how I pronounce the name of Chris, a friend of mine. I have used it for years now, and it has become sort of an alter-ego (although hopefully not in a full-blown Jekyll and Hyde way).
So combine a funny sort of name with a bad title to a weblog and that’s what you get. I’ll rethink the name at some point, but hopefully you won’t throw your neck out of joint while shaking your head at the way it currently stands.
Nothing fancy or even with deep meaning. Just something silly combined with lack of foresight, which sums up a lot of what I do!

2 Comments:
I guess I could say that all makes sense, but it doesn't! At least you have a reasonable explanation! That's better than some of the names I see on here!
By
Anonymous, at 6:21 PM
To quote that great philosopher, Gene Simmons: Why look for meaning where there is none?
By
Dwight, at 8:44 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home