The good, the bad, and the semi-ugly
Good news! I will be getting a bonus this year. This will help our financial goals and in finally geting our bedroom decorated (needless to say my wife is excited). I don’t know the amount yet, but I have a good estimate. Between that and the tax refund (hurry up TurboTax and release the California tax module!), we should be positioned very well by the end of February.
Bad news! I will have to change offices in the next month. I can say goodbye to my corner office. Yeah, it was cold in winter, burning up in summer and wet when it rained, but I will miss it. No confirmation on where the new office will be. OK, I'll stop talking about me...
Update on the buyout wars: Johnson & Johnson upped their bid for buying Guidant, but it is still below Boston Scientific’s total price. I’m guessing Boston will up their bid just enough so that the cash portion matches JNJ’s (which I don’t think it will take much). They don’t have to do anything and just let the Guidant stockholders decide as is, but we’ll see. This has had quite a ripple effect in the medical device community.
Bad news! I will have to change offices in the next month. I can say goodbye to my corner office. Yeah, it was cold in winter, burning up in summer and wet when it rained, but I will miss it. No confirmation on where the new office will be. OK, I'll stop talking about me...
Update on the buyout wars: Johnson & Johnson upped their bid for buying Guidant, but it is still below Boston Scientific’s total price. I’m guessing Boston will up their bid just enough so that the cash portion matches JNJ’s (which I don’t think it will take much). They don’t have to do anything and just let the Guidant stockholders decide as is, but we’ll see. This has had quite a ripple effect in the medical device community.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home