Hey, I'll cut someone that picks it up some slack. It's probably someone who has heard the term but doesn't know what it entails. We all have to start somewhere...
It looked like a pamphlet instead of a book, which I found totally appropriate.
I think it was more the unexpectedness of seeing that in the checkout line...the impulse section. Dave's & Nick's comments were similar to what I thought at the time. But if it helps someone, then great!
Dave's idea reminds me of that old joke about somebody stealing a copy of the bible and then wishing that "thou shalt not steal" had been on the first page.
6 Comments:
Wouldn't it be wildly appropriate if the first chapter eventually reveals that the purchasing of the book itself was a bad move.
How you bought this book...
1) I saw it and picked it up. (Impulse) BAD.
2) I saw it and budgeted it for 3 months. (Planned) GOOD.
By
Splat, at 1:46 PM
Hey, I'll cut someone that picks it up some slack. It's probably someone who has heard the term but doesn't know what it entails. We all have to start somewhere...
It looked like a pamphlet instead of a book, which I found totally appropriate.
By
Dwight, at 5:53 PM
I agree with chrees. I bought The Tightwad Gazette on an impulse a few years ago and, well, it changed a few things...
By
SMB, at 6:50 AM
I think it was more the unexpectedness of seeing that in the checkout line...the impulse section. Dave's & Nick's comments were similar to what I thought at the time. But if it helps someone, then great!
By
Dwight, at 2:12 PM
Oh, duh--would you believe the irony of that completely escaped me. :)
By
SMB, at 8:18 AM
Dave's idea reminds me of that old joke about somebody stealing a copy of the bible and then wishing that "thou shalt not steal" had been on the first page.
By
Tiredbuthappy, at 6:59 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home