January net worth
An ugly month for net worth, but it was the storm before the calm. Or something like that.

The disappointing items are the stock options, losing almost a quarter of their value, and the credit cards. I expected the latter to go up some, due to buying new tires, paying a year’s worth of insurance at once, and not making one card’s payments until February. The options…well, that just means a long time before they get exercised.
February should look a lot better. I would guess I’ll pay off at least $15K of the credit cards this month, and hopefully more. The only expensive thing we have planned this month is a weekend away to the inn where we got married, and we’ll be able to pay cash for that. My goal for the year was to have net worth up $66K, and I knew it would not happen evenly. So moving in the wrong direction isn’t alarming, but it is disappointing. Here’s to a much improved February!

The disappointing items are the stock options, losing almost a quarter of their value, and the credit cards. I expected the latter to go up some, due to buying new tires, paying a year’s worth of insurance at once, and not making one card’s payments until February. The options…well, that just means a long time before they get exercised.
February should look a lot better. I would guess I’ll pay off at least $15K of the credit cards this month, and hopefully more. The only expensive thing we have planned this month is a weekend away to the inn where we got married, and we’ll be able to pay cash for that. My goal for the year was to have net worth up $66K, and I knew it would not happen evenly. So moving in the wrong direction isn’t alarming, but it is disappointing. Here’s to a much improved February!

2 Comments:
Sorry to see the drop in your net worth. I will post yours along with other PF bloggers to my site shortly.
Neo
By
vr6trd, at 8:33 AM
You were included in the Personal Financial Bloggers' Net Worth Index. Best wishes on a growing net worth!
By
Anonymous, at 2:15 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home