morningwood
Constantly relaying things no one else cares about:
One of the good things about the SF bay area is the mix of radio stations that play things you never hear anywhere else, even on satellite radio. There are some good college stations, plus an wonderful listener-supported community station (which has live music most Friday afternoons).
I like a wide variety of music, but one genre I’m a sucker for is powerpop—as one local DJ calls it, where rock and melody collide. On my way home from work he played a song by the group morningwood which sounded like bubblegum powerpop (if such a thing exists). Yeah, I like the group’s name (just the immature me coming though), but click on “Nth Degree” to get a taste.
I may be sick of it tomorrow, but I can’t get enough of it this evening…
One of the good things about the SF bay area is the mix of radio stations that play things you never hear anywhere else, even on satellite radio. There are some good college stations, plus an wonderful listener-supported community station (which has live music most Friday afternoons).
I like a wide variety of music, but one genre I’m a sucker for is powerpop—as one local DJ calls it, where rock and melody collide. On my way home from work he played a song by the group morningwood which sounded like bubblegum powerpop (if such a thing exists). Yeah, I like the group’s name (just the immature me coming though), but click on “Nth Degree” to get a taste.
I may be sick of it tomorrow, but I can’t get enough of it this evening…

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home