Chrees' world

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

One last update

One last update on the previous post. Northfield ended up less than 5% down for the day (normal daily volume just over 200K shares, today's volume about 4MM shares above that) and I ended up thanks to the buying opportunity that was presented.

While I'm still somewhat down on Northfield for not having been as forward about the previous trial data to the public, this seems to have been a hatchet piece by the WSJ. (Digging up on one of the names showing 'concern' about the product turns up a most unsavory character) We'll see if this has any impact beyond just today, but I doubt it. The trial that is about to finish up will definitely set the direction for the company and the market.

While I've seen this happen before with some of the stocks I own, this was the first time I had the guts to do something about it and profit from the fluctuations. Now I just need to remember one of the cardinal rules--don't fall in love with a stock...

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home