That day
Well, if I can get through the day without any references to Eve Ensler, I’ll judge the day a success. Oops, I just blew that, didn’t I? Anyway, several random things…
— What to get the wife for Valentine’s Day? Well, it wasn’t exactly for the day, but we are having our bedroom furnished. We’ve made do for years with hand-me-down furniture. Since we moved into the house, we have been slowly decorating it as we have money. With a small windfall coming up, I relented and said OK to the bedroom. We were able to pay cash for almost everything, which is a nice feeling. The little bit I couldn’t cover will be at 0% interest for the rest of the year, so that will be taken care of easily.
— Hearing the two-year-old say “I love you so much” to his mother last night was all the present I needed for today. Think he’s heard it from her a few times?
— The “nesting instinct” is real. This is the second time I’ve witnessed it, and I will vouch for its existence. Although some of it is practical—she knows if we don’t do it now, it won’t get done for at least another year. Expect several upcoming projects over the next few months.
— I just saw another article on ethical wills. I don’t get it. I’ll probably do a separate post on it, but this just strikes me as a product for someone who has watched one too many made-for-TV movies.
OK, enough randomness. Enjoy the day!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home