Context is everything
Took a look at my holdings today, and noticed a huge drop in Cortex (COR). I guess I shouldn’t be surprised since it had doubled in just a couple of weeks—some pullback was inevitable. But when it went from a small holding to my largest position due to the fast increase, a 12% drop has a lot of impact to the overall portfolio. I have to remind myself that it will regroup and trend upwards if the trial results are as good as they should be.
I got to give a layman’s presentation on our division’s products today. It never fails to amaze me what our engineers can develop and how advanced medical procedures have become just in the past 10 years. Remarkable stuff.
Hoping to finish up here at work soon so I can go home and finish my book. It’s that feeling of wanting the rest of the world to stop and wait while I see how everything is wrapped up. I don’t get that too often on most books (in a good way, that is—some books are of the “oh please, let’s just finish this thing” variety), and it’s a tug-of-war between savoring the experience and reading as fast as possible in order to finish. ‘night all!
I got to give a layman’s presentation on our division’s products today. It never fails to amaze me what our engineers can develop and how advanced medical procedures have become just in the past 10 years. Remarkable stuff.
Hoping to finish up here at work soon so I can go home and finish my book. It’s that feeling of wanting the rest of the world to stop and wait while I see how everything is wrapped up. I don’t get that too often on most books (in a good way, that is—some books are of the “oh please, let’s just finish this thing” variety), and it’s a tug-of-war between savoring the experience and reading as fast as possible in order to finish. ‘night all!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home