Chrees' world

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

February 2006 Net Worth


A positive month in most ways, with net worth up $16K for the month. My stock options, which tanked in January, bounced back in February. These have been pretty volatile of late and I can stand that…as long as they get to $50K in the next couple of years so we can do some work on the house.

I was happy to see my investment account was up even after the Wall Street Journal's hit piece on NFLD, which was down 15% for the month. I’m still betting that investors and patients will have the last laugh on that. We got a head start on paying down credit cards this month, and hope that trend continues for the year!

I added a line for accrued expenses—this is our insurance and property taxes. It didn’t make sense to take a $10,000 hit next January when I had to pay those bills. Plus it helps in calculating what I need as a bare minimum in the spending account so I don’t get caught short. I know the statement is a hodgepodge of approaches, mixing cash and accrual basis, but I think this accurately reflects where we stand today.

Some happy confirmations on the housing valuation as some house sale prices in our subdivision continue to move up. I think I’m still a little conservative here, but I’m comfortable with that. So that’s that…on to March!

|

1 Comments:

  • Congrats on an excellent month. You've been included in the February Bloggers' Net Worth Index at http://www.moneysmartz.com/weblog. Great gain in February.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home