I'd like you to meet Dennys Exxon Safeway Smith
Yet another Wall Street Journal post here—but one that can make you money if you so choose:
Just be sure to invest the money wisely so you have enough money for the therapist your child will need. We're having trouble deciding on a name, but I don't think we'll go this route.
A little boy came into the world last Friday at 2:19pm, weighing 6 pounds, 11 ounces. His name: ChamberMaster Mead—after a software company that won the naming rights in a charitable auction mounted by his father.
Chris Mead, a vice president of the American Chamber of Commerce Executives, hoped to use his son’s birth to raise money for the organization’s scholarship fund. The company, ChamberMaster, which sells Web-based software to chambers of commerce, bought naming rights for two weeks, paying $375.
A consulting firm, Horizon Industries, has offered to purchase naming rights to the infant for the two weeks after that. Young ChamberMaster would then be called Horizon Industries Mead. Eventually, when corporations lose interest in the boy, he’ll go by the name John Douglass Mead….
In a poll conducted a few years ago by parenting Web site Americanbaby.com, 49% of respondents said they’d consider accepting money from corporations in exchange for naming rights to their babies.
Just be sure to invest the money wisely so you have enough money for the therapist your child will need. We're having trouble deciding on a name, but I don't think we'll go this route.

2 Comments:
Forget the babies, I'm willing to sell naming rights for myself -- I'm hoping McDonald's comes calling so I can be McDonald's McHenry.
By
Anonymous, at 9:29 AM
Hmm, I wonder if any money changed hands when my brother named his daughter after our grandmother. Grandma was pissed that most of the males for three generations had first or middle names based on Grandpa's name, but nobody had named their girls after her.
My brother finally obliged and we were all thankful but now I wonder if little Ermentrude's financial future is secured as a result.
By
Tiredbuthappy, at 9:35 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home