Chrees' world

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

My conversation with a penny

me: "Looks like I have to go to the bank, you’re the only money I have on me"

penny:

me: "I hate it when I’m at the checkout counter and the clerk says 'That will be $3.53.' The person in front of me, who already has a $5 bill out says 'Wait a minute, I have 3 cents.' They fumble around in their purse for a minute to dig out 3 pennies, handing them to the clerk. The clerk, who has already rung up $5.00 for amount tendered, looks at the pennies and from the panic in his eyes I can read his mind: 'What the hell am I supposed to do with these?'”

penny:

me: "I mean, what can I get with a penny? Or even a couple of pennies? At least all those dimes and nickels got me a PopTart out of the vending machine."

penny:

me: "Don’t look at me like that, you think that PopTart was going to eat itself?"

penny:

me: "Yeah, I need some caffeine…"

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home