Portfolio trackers
With all the hoopla surrounding Google Finance’s beta release yesterday, I looked a little closer at the different portfolio trackers I use. I rely on two: my accounts at TD Waterhouse (soon to be TD Ameritrade) and Yahoo Finance’s portfolio tracker. TD Waterhouse recently allowed my accounts (regular investment and IRA) to be combined when viewing, plus it shows real time valuations.
With Yahoo’s portfolio I have expanded the list. The current count: the first 10 stock symbols are positions I am currently in. The next 6 symbols are companies that are direct competitors of my company. And the next 10 symbols are stocks I’m interested in buying. Having all these together allows me to see news regarding my holdings, potential holdings, or competitive activity all in one place. I’ll probably play with Google Finance some, but I ran into several bugs yesterday so I’ll wait until trying it fully.
Any other tips, tricks or uses regarding your use portfolio trackers?
With Yahoo’s portfolio I have expanded the list. The current count: the first 10 stock symbols are positions I am currently in. The next 6 symbols are companies that are direct competitors of my company. And the next 10 symbols are stocks I’m interested in buying. Having all these together allows me to see news regarding my holdings, potential holdings, or competitive activity all in one place. I’ll probably play with Google Finance some, but I ran into several bugs yesterday so I’ll wait until trying it fully.
Any other tips, tricks or uses regarding your use portfolio trackers?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home