Quickies
- Straight men get flustered by pretty women! They had to fund a study for this? How about a study that tests researchers on where they are on the NSS (No S. Sherlock) scale?
- “Fast Food Nation” was released in early 2001. McDonald’s stock took a hit in 2002 and early 2003, between the bad press, floundering management, and court cases against fast food places holding down and stuffing unwilling customers’ mouths with unhealthy food. (That last one may be misstated a little) So as Morgan Spurlock released “Super Size Me,” singling out McDonalds, you would think the stock would go into a free fall.
In the past three years, “revenue has increased by 33 percent and its shares have rocketed 170 percent.” This has to be from all the healthy food they have added to the menu, right? Well, if this New York Times article is correct, then “its turnaround has come not from greater sales of healthy foods but from selling more fast-food basics, like double cheeseburgers and fried chicken sandwiches, from the Dollar Menu.” I tend to believe that analysis since Wendy’s and Burger King have pushed their low-priced items just as hard recently. I guess those items are cash cows.
Hey Morgan, can I get you to do some films about companies I have in my portfolio?
- Today is Snakes Return to Ireland Day--I get confused, does this mean we go (get?) sober or drink twice as much as St. Patrick’s Day?
Monday is National Pigs-in-a-Blanket Day--I’m assuming the food, and not a call for porcine duveting.
Next Wednesday is Remember Your First Kiss Day (Suanne, who I went to school with from kindergarten through college). You have been warned.
- “Fast Food Nation” was released in early 2001. McDonald’s stock took a hit in 2002 and early 2003, between the bad press, floundering management, and court cases against fast food places holding down and stuffing unwilling customers’ mouths with unhealthy food. (That last one may be misstated a little) So as Morgan Spurlock released “Super Size Me,” singling out McDonalds, you would think the stock would go into a free fall.
In the past three years, “revenue has increased by 33 percent and its shares have rocketed 170 percent.” This has to be from all the healthy food they have added to the menu, right? Well, if this New York Times article is correct, then “its turnaround has come not from greater sales of healthy foods but from selling more fast-food basics, like double cheeseburgers and fried chicken sandwiches, from the Dollar Menu.” I tend to believe that analysis since Wendy’s and Burger King have pushed their low-priced items just as hard recently. I guess those items are cash cows.
Hey Morgan, can I get you to do some films about companies I have in my portfolio?
- Today is Snakes Return to Ireland Day--I get confused, does this mean we go (get?) sober or drink twice as much as St. Patrick’s Day?
Monday is National Pigs-in-a-Blanket Day--I’m assuming the food, and not a call for porcine duveting.
Next Wednesday is Remember Your First Kiss Day (Suanne, who I went to school with from kindergarten through college). You have been warned.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home