Chrees' world

Friday, April 28, 2006

Two articles in today's paper

How bad is your commute? Nothing like this, hopefully:
Longest U.S. commute: 186 miles to San Jose, 7-Hour round trip 'no problem' for man from Mariposa

When I first moved here I looked at living either on the coast or in the mountains, but the commute would have been horrendous. I decided that if I only got to enjoy where I lived on weekends, it would be nice but not worth the hassle. But that was when I was able to get out and explore on the weekends. Now I wouldn't get to help out around the house or enjoy being with my family nearly enough.

Also, this weekend there will be a run in San Jose honoring Pat Tillman to raise money for leadership programs. My deepest regards for Pat, and best wishes for his family.

Above: The Tillman brothers at Pat's wedding in 2002. From left: Kevin, 24; Pat, 25; and Richard, 22.

Below: The Tillman brothers in 1984. From left: Kevin, 6; Pat, 7; and Richard, 3.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home