Chrees' world

Thursday, May 04, 2006

John Daly: $60MM in gambling losses

I'm a little late to this since I've been focused on yesterday's deposition, but now I'm trying to get caught up on the news. This article stood out for me:

Golfer John Daly said he lost between $55 million and $60 million gambling over the past 12 years and that his habit may "ruin'' him if he can't get it under control.


Gee, you think? Sadly for Daly, gambling will have to take a number and stand in line with many other things that could ruin him.

It's one thing to go to work every day knowing you have a mortgage and bills to pay. It's another thing to do so knowing you owe millions of dollars in gambling debts from 10 years ago. Daly is one of the more popular figures on the PGA tour because so many people identify with him--he's "one of us." Apparently even more so. If the tour ever begins to produce plays, I know the perfect Falstaff.

|

2 Comments:

  • Isn't he releasing a book. Could be a little truth a bit publicity

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:01 PM  

  • Yep, he has an upcoming book release so this is part of the publicity surrounding that. I don't know, though, about this being made up. Daly has always been an upfront and truthful guy, and he doesn't really need to embellish anything about his life to make it readable.

    The thing I find funny about this is it seems to have goaded other celebrities to talk about their gambling problems.

    By Blogger Dwight, at 4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home