Ketchup is 2.5 times as expensive as gas
Everyone is talking about the spike in gas prices, but how does that gallon of gas compare to what you buy in the grocery store? At lunch today, I copied down the prices of the items listed below. Converting everything to the cost per gallon (using 128 fluid ounces or 3.78 liters), I found out that only the inexpensive water and 2 liter sodas were cheaper per gallon than the corner gas station price of $3.25.
Yeah, I know you won't be using a gallon worth of sunscreen anytime soon (or you better not be for your skin's sake). To be meaningful, this comparison should show how the prices change relative to gas over time. Will Ensure be more or less than 7 times the cost of gas per gallon? Well, I'll put a stake in the ground today and maybe we can update these items next year at this time.
But for grins, see how things stack up per gallon versus gasoline:
Yeah, I know you won't be using a gallon worth of sunscreen anytime soon (or you better not be for your skin's sake). To be meaningful, this comparison should show how the prices change relative to gas over time. Will Ensure be more or less than 7 times the cost of gas per gallon? Well, I'll put a stake in the ground today and maybe we can update these items next year at this time.
But for grins, see how things stack up per gallon versus gasoline:


3 Comments:
"But officer, that alcohol smell is my car! Ever since gas hit $35 a gallon, it's cheaper to run on white zinfandel than gasoline!"
By
Anonymous, at 7:48 PM
Nick, Nick, Nick... canola oil isn't just for frat parties anymore.
By
Dwight, at 9:35 PM
Ugh! You beat me to the punch! I was thinking about doing something like this over the weekend! Oh well! Great minds...
By
Anonymous, at 8:39 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home