M is for the mudflaps you give me for my pickup truck

I get real sentimental on Mothers Day and start singing Ray Wylie Hubbard songs. And scare the hell out of all pets in the neighborhood. But I digress…
And continue to digress. So mom, here’s to you. I can’t pretend I’ll ever understand what it’s like living through the Depression and having every family member (including yourself) serve in World War II. What it’s like to have two sons born within a year of each other. To find out you’re pregnant again when you’re almost forty, and to raise that boy (hope against hope that it would have been a girl) with more love than most people consider possible.
And now that I have a child of my own, I apologize for everything I ever put you through (a list of which would exceed the bandwith of any website). I understand completely. Well, at least partially. So here’s to you Mom—enjoy your day. And know that with each year you are appreciated and loved more.

1 Comments:
I also feel it took having my own kid to really make me forgive my parents. Not that there was much to forgive. I had a fantastic childhood. But there are always some issues in a divorced family.
By
Tiredbuthappy, at 11:08 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home