More like the 'ostrich of Omaha'
I expected to see much more online buzz about this Business Week article by Michael Mandel.
I’ve been very unimpressed by the comments from Buffett over the past few years on things outside investing, namely the U.S. economy and our tax structure, and previously on his apparent inability to grasp fundamental trends in the economy. Hard to argue with someone that is the second richest guy in the world, but that doesn’t mean he’s right on everything. Mandel’s approach that maybe Buffett should look at and value the U.S. economy as if it were a business doesn’t strike me as entirely correct, but I side more with him than with Buffett.
Mandel looks at our trade deficit increasing $1 trillion a year vs. our economy expanding anywhere between $4 and $7 trillion and doesn’t see the same cause for concern that has Buffett betting against the dollar and pessimistic on the U.S. economy long-term. But then read the article for yourself and see what you think.
I’ve been very unimpressed by the comments from Buffett over the past few years on things outside investing, namely the U.S. economy and our tax structure, and previously on his apparent inability to grasp fundamental trends in the economy. Hard to argue with someone that is the second richest guy in the world, but that doesn’t mean he’s right on everything. Mandel’s approach that maybe Buffett should look at and value the U.S. economy as if it were a business doesn’t strike me as entirely correct, but I side more with him than with Buffett.
Mandel looks at our trade deficit increasing $1 trillion a year vs. our economy expanding anywhere between $4 and $7 trillion and doesn’t see the same cause for concern that has Buffett betting against the dollar and pessimistic on the U.S. economy long-term. But then read the article for yourself and see what you think.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home