Lord of the Rings, the musical
I would call this post off-topic, but I don't believe I have a topic to adhere to...
I totally missed the announcement about The Lord of the Rings musical. Which I consider a blessing in disguise. Since they are 'refining' the show, given the criticism of the premiere, the producers still have a ways to go.
However, we at Chrees' World contacted a source on the production staff and are thus privvy to some of the changes being made to the musical. It is nice to see they are updating some songs to reflect current hits ("So You Had A Bad Hair Day" by Legolas and Gollum's version of "Wraiths Don't Lie"), ballads to appeal to the politically correct (Sam Gamgee's rendition of "You Are the Wind Beneath My Hairy Feet"), and alluding to both sides of the current political debate: "Rings (What are They Good For)" as well as "Gondor (F*** Yeah)".
But my favorite is the addition of an honest to goodness punk song, as opposed to the currently popular faux punk. The best song of this genre is clearly "Anarchy in Middle Earth." I'll leave you with the first verse:
I am an anti-elf
I am an anarchist
Don't know what I want
But I know how to pump it
I wanna direct 5-hour movies
Cause I Wanna win Academy
I totally missed the announcement about The Lord of the Rings musical. Which I consider a blessing in disguise. Since they are 'refining' the show, given the criticism of the premiere, the producers still have a ways to go.
However, we at Chrees' World contacted a source on the production staff and are thus privvy to some of the changes being made to the musical. It is nice to see they are updating some songs to reflect current hits ("So You Had A Bad Hair Day" by Legolas and Gollum's version of "Wraiths Don't Lie"), ballads to appeal to the politically correct (Sam Gamgee's rendition of "You Are the Wind Beneath My Hairy Feet"), and alluding to both sides of the current political debate: "Rings (What are They Good For)" as well as "Gondor (F*** Yeah)".
But my favorite is the addition of an honest to goodness punk song, as opposed to the currently popular faux punk. The best song of this genre is clearly "Anarchy in Middle Earth." I'll leave you with the first verse:
I am an anti-elf
I am an anarchist
Don't know what I want
But I know how to pump it
I wanna direct 5-hour movies
Cause I Wanna win Academy

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home