Power and attraction
In an entry titled is power sexy?, Brayden King points to an article in last September's American Journal of Sociology that dug deeper on power and perceived sexiness.
An interesting article, even for this layman. But then, I'm sure seeing the word "sexy" over and over doesn't hurt. I'm wondering if this describes how you feel about power and sexiness? From my vantage point, that describes a lot of what I see, although there are exceptions.
Men tend to identify high status women as sexy, but they don't find her sexy if she has power in a relationship over them. Women, on the other hand, do not find status in men sexy, but they do find men sexy who have interpersonal power. ... Another way of interpreting the findings, if you permit me, is that men are much more likely to find an inaccessible woman sexy while women find men sexy with whom they have close, personal relations.
An interesting article, even for this layman. But then, I'm sure seeing the word "sexy" over and over doesn't hurt. I'm wondering if this describes how you feel about power and sexiness? From my vantage point, that describes a lot of what I see, although there are exceptions.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home