Chrees' world

Friday, August 25, 2006

The birthday host from heck

Ah, pity the poor girl...

Her stupid e-mail, detailing the plans for her 21st birthday party last Friday, is doing the rounds of City banks, with appropriately derisive comments. Lucy is something of a control freak, and her friends are instructed to arrived in groups at properly staggered 15-minute intervals to ensure sufficient face time with the princess.

They are given a strict script to adhere to on arrival. “When asked, how can I help you Sir/Madam, you reply, I am here for Lucy’s birthday party at the Rivoli Bar.” Dress smart — “the more upper-class you dress, the less likely you shall be denied entry”.

OK, no pity, just laugh. The whole invitation can be found here. Since it was for last Friday, I obviously missed it. Thankfully.

|

5 Comments:

  • I wonder why people who don't even know this poor girl pick on her. We don't even know the whole story yet, we laugh at her for a few mistakes. I think it's sad...I can't believe you posted this.

    By Blogger freedumb, at 10:51 AM  

  • Free, there is a lot out there about Lucy and her controlling nature. If I sent out an invitation like the one linked, I'd expected to be mocked as well. The invitation is the whole story.

    By Blogger Dwight, at 10:59 AM  

  • Chrees, Sure there might be a lot of stuff out there, but so what. Why add to the flame? We don't know if she expected to be mocked, and honestly, her invite letter wasn't _that_ bad. I mean a party at the Ritz?? That's some major dough she's putting out to invite some friends...on top of that, we don't know if maybe she did have a schedule of picture taking or something else that required people come in certain time frames...

    Financially, could be a little irresponsible? Yes. Sending email from her work account? Bad. Her coworkers talking crap behind her back? Worse. Everyone that's not even slightly involved in this whole situation? Even worse still.

    If she spends the rest of her days regretting the email she sent out, would you feel good about yourself?

    By Blogger freedumb, at 11:39 AM  

  • Chrees, by the way, I hope my words aren't coming across mean-spirited...it's not. I just have a thing for people picking on people...I'll be stopping by again! -freedumb

    By Blogger freedumb, at 11:57 AM  

  • Hey free, don't worry. No offense taken.

    I found the invitation creepy in so many ways due to the control-freak nature of her showing through. Having dealt with too many people like that, it just struck me as something that might look benign to many but isn't really.

    By Blogger Dwight, at 12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home