Chrees' world

Monday, September 25, 2006

I'd like to see the homework coming out of this meeting

OK, so this news is almost a week old, but I'm trying to get caught up on things here. Nice to see LeBron James meeting with Warren Buffett over lunch. And I didn't realize Alex Rodriguez had done the same thing earlier. With that much money coming in, you need to have your head on straight when it comes to investing and planning for the future.

LeBron James had a burger, fries and milkshake last week with a money manager whose license plate reads: "Frugal." James gave him a personalized Cavaliers jersey and, in return, the host picked up the check. ... James had lunch with Warren Buffett, said to be the second-richest man in the world, and Buffett's daughter in Omaha, Neb., on Friday.

About 15 years ago, the Wall Street Journal had a great piece on Orel Hershiser and his financial planning team. You see too many athletes that fail to plan for the future, so it's great to see those that take a pragmatic approach.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home