Outsourcing tutoring
"Private tutors are a luxury many American families cannot afford, costing anywhere between $25 to $100 an hour. But California mother Denise Robison found one online for $2.50 an hour -- in India."
Another nail in the coffin for the current public system. I'm wondering when we'll have a school tax rebellion as an incerasing number of students go to private schools, charter schools, or are home schooled. And yet teacher unions and school administrators want more money for fewer students and sub-par performance.
If I were Denise Robinson, I would be asking why my kid has to stay in school so much when she's learning more online. The system needs a complete overhaul, especially starting at the administration level.
Another nail in the coffin for the current public system. I'm wondering when we'll have a school tax rebellion as an incerasing number of students go to private schools, charter schools, or are home schooled. And yet teacher unions and school administrators want more money for fewer students and sub-par performance.
If I were Denise Robinson, I would be asking why my kid has to stay in school so much when she's learning more online. The system needs a complete overhaul, especially starting at the administration level.

1 Comments:
Interesting article and thoughts. I liked it so much I put it up on my blog and gave you the credit.
By
Nick, at 8:25 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home