Still no need to check
If you're like me and you hate to check luggage but you're trying to find a way around the "no liquids/gels" carry-on ban without buying everything at your destination, help is already here.
MyWetStuff.com, despite the porn-site sounding name, is a place you can order water-based toiletries and travel amenities and have them delivered to your hotel. A great idea, and once again shows that the marketplace works to fill unmet needs.
Of course, I'd hate to see their business plan if the security gods decide to allow liquids in carry-on baggage again. But more importantly, by offering this service I think they remind people that they can do this for themselves. So my next business trip, I may take advantage of the $10 off your first order, but after that I'll probably just mail what I need to my destination. Anyway, here is some info from their site:
MyWetStuff.com, despite the porn-site sounding name, is a place you can order water-based toiletries and travel amenities and have them delivered to your hotel. A great idea, and once again shows that the marketplace works to fill unmet needs.
Of course, I'd hate to see their business plan if the security gods decide to allow liquids in carry-on baggage again. But more importantly, by offering this service I think they remind people that they can do this for themselves. So my next business trip, I may take advantage of the $10 off your first order, but after that I'll probably just mail what I need to my destination. Anyway, here is some info from their site:
When WB Solutions, LLC launches its MyWetStuff.com website at 12:01 am (EDT) on Tuesday, September 5, 2006, travelers will be able to pre-order trial sizes of their favorite water-based toiletries and travel amenities. By processing the travel date and hotel location with the traveler’s order, MyWetStuff.com delivers a personalized travel kit ahead of time to the hotel, where it awaits the traveler’s arrival.The next step, if I were in hotel management, is to offer a basic toiletry kit for a nominal fee. Cut a deal with suppliers to provide sample size product with your name on them. I would anticipate this would fly better with men than women because of make-up considerations for the ladies, but for the businessmen on short trips this would bring in quite a bit of money. The mindset that this charge just rolls up on the hotel bill and will be reimbursed by the company would make this an automatic "yes" for many guests. Hotels already provide most basics, so what more do they have to do to include disposable razors, shaving cream, face balm, and maybe another product or two? And charge a nice mark-up?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home