Fall back…exhausted
"A Mr. and Mrs. J. Carmichael Krox Have Just gone to bed near the town of Fort Knox.
And they, by the way have the finest of clocks.
I'm not at all sure that I quite understand
Just how the thing works, with one extra hand.
But I do know this clock does one very slick trick.
It doesn't tick tock. How it goes, is tock tick.
So, with ticks in its tocker, and the tocks in its ticker,
It saves lots of time and the sleepers sleep quicker.
Nothing important (which goes for 99.9% of everything else here), but it just struck me how many clocks I will have to change this weekend due to Daylight Savings Time ending. I love the trend toward devices changing the time automatically (cell phones and computers, for example). But those are either programmed to know when to change or get a feed from somewhere that lets it know what the time is to start with.
Here are the ones I can think of right now that will need changing manually:
Wristwatches
Bedside alarm clocks (2)
Clock in office
Programmable thermostats (2)
Clock on mantle
Alarm system (hardest for me to change since I never read the instructions)
Sprinkler system
Car clocks (2) (Second hardest—I never remember exactly how to change them and neither are completely intuitive)
Microwave clock
Without even trying I can think of over a dozen items that will need changing. And I’m not including things we never set in the first place, like the VCR.
I’m not complaining…it just makes me realize how many things around us have clocks, whether that is their main feature or not. So how many clocks will you be changing this weekend? Anything in addition to my list? Anything you find nigh impossible to change? (excluding kid's internal clocks, which seems to take weeks to adjust)
(And as you can tell from the picture and quote above, the oldest loves Dr. Suess right now...his favorite is Dr. Suess's Sleep Book)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home