Chrees' world

Monday, November 27, 2006

Inspiration


It turns out the new Jaguar XK model had a different type of inspiration. Kate Winslet, to be specific. Ian Callum, the car's designer, says "Kate Winslet is my ideal woman.... She is naturally a very shapely woman, very British with an underlying integrity and ability. Like a car, she has got substance; she is not just a pretty face. So I designed the new XK body with her in mind."

Kate's response? "The headlights are too small. They will have to go." And there was more joking from her in mock complaint. Above is the car, below is Winslet. While I have my preferences, I'll let you decide for yourself.


Thanks to the Pillage Idiot for the UPI link.

|

3 Comments:

  • Jaguar's choice of using Winslet as a spokesmodel is a titanic success in my book, and I think the headlight size is just perfect.

    By Blogger The Sarcasticynic, at 4:29 PM  

  • Hubba, Hubba...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:22 PM  

  • Actually I prefer smaller headlights, but... wait, what were we talking about?

    By Blogger Dwight, at 4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home