Three short notes that are not about Glenn Gould
I survived another Halloween, I’m happy to report. Although it does look like the ‘trick’ part of “trick or treat” gets emphasized a little more each year. The Little Ho Peep outfit was a tad revealing, but that was seen at work. The kids I handed out candy to last night were a little more covered, probably due to cool weather.
In other news, the office of eBay’s PayPal division was bombed last night. Not in the “had too much to drink” meaning, but as in “explosion.” Fortunately no one was hurt, but officials say it was deliberate. The building is a few miles away from where I work, but the only time I’ve been concerned about my work environment was several years ago when an animal activist was bombing medical research companies here in the San Francisco Bay area. Hard to say if this was aimed at eBay or PayPal, or someone at the building in particular. Either way, and especially because I have friends that work at eBay, I’m hoping the person responsible is caught soon.
And on the third and final note, Saturday night the wife and I were able to have a quick dinner out with just the 5-month old tagging along. The good news was that he slept most of the time while we were there. The bad news was in coming back home by back roads, we saw the street blocked due to an accident. At least 3 firetrucks, 3 police cars and 2 ambulances were on the scene, lending an eerie glow to the neighborhood from all the flashing lights. They were joined in a few minutes by the Life Flight helicopter, which landed in the field across the road from us. I have yet to see anything in the paper that gives any detail on what happened, but the professionals responding to these circumstances have my utmost respect and gratitude.
In other news, the office of eBay’s PayPal division was bombed last night. Not in the “had too much to drink” meaning, but as in “explosion.” Fortunately no one was hurt, but officials say it was deliberate. The building is a few miles away from where I work, but the only time I’ve been concerned about my work environment was several years ago when an animal activist was bombing medical research companies here in the San Francisco Bay area. Hard to say if this was aimed at eBay or PayPal, or someone at the building in particular. Either way, and especially because I have friends that work at eBay, I’m hoping the person responsible is caught soon.
And on the third and final note, Saturday night the wife and I were able to have a quick dinner out with just the 5-month old tagging along. The good news was that he slept most of the time while we were there. The bad news was in coming back home by back roads, we saw the street blocked due to an accident. At least 3 firetrucks, 3 police cars and 2 ambulances were on the scene, lending an eerie glow to the neighborhood from all the flashing lights. They were joined in a few minutes by the Life Flight helicopter, which landed in the field across the road from us. I have yet to see anything in the paper that gives any detail on what happened, but the professionals responding to these circumstances have my utmost respect and gratitude.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home