Chrees' world

Friday, November 03, 2006

'Tis the season to spend money

I’m not the biggest Costco fan, but for things we use on a regular basis I certainly don’t mind buying in bulk and saving money. The avoidance of the store has more to do with hating to shop and avoiding the crowds.

That being said, a lunchtime visit to the cavernous store near where I work today showed that many Christmas-type presents and toys can already be found on the shelves. I mention this for anyone else that avoids stores as much as I do…a perusal of the toy section at this date may save you some money.

Last year my wife found a train table at Costco in mid-October that we gave to the oldest for Christmas. It was a generic table with storage bins underneath—no Thomas the Tank Engine logos, but saving $200 made up for the lack of branding. And fortunately he’s had fun with it all year.

Anyway, I’m sure the savvy shoppers out there already know this, but I’ll pass the info on for anti-shoppers like me.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home