Chrees' world

Thursday, November 16, 2006

"A true giant"

Not having much time to read the blogs today, but I'm sure the passing of Milton Friedman will get some coverage. I know he was one of the reasons I became interested in economics and finance. The "Free to Choose" series was popular when I was growing up and his books inevitably led me to Hayek and other "Chicago school" writers.

I remembered hearing Arnold Schwarzenegger mentioning Friedman many times, and even having him on his Council of Economic Advisers. Even though Arnold didn't always follow through on Friedman's underlying principles, especially in some of his alliances with those who seem to believe exactly the opposite. Any way, I can only echo the Arnold's words and hope for a resurgence of Friedman's outlook in political circles:

"The world has lost a true giant, a tireless advocate for freedom, and I have lost a great friend. Our thoughts and prayers go to Rose and the rest of the Friedman family."

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home