Chrees' world

Monday, December 11, 2006

Udderly rediculous

I had read about Hein Hettinga’s run-in with the dairy powers-that-be, but this is one of the better summaries I’ve seen. For working outside the system and saving consumers money, he’s rewarded by having a law specifically aimed at him to pay money to his competition. It’s nice to see some of the lawmakers named who received plenty of "contributions" for further rigging a rigged system (a pox on all their houses—Republicans and Democrats alike).

Laws passed in the 1930s cost consumers at least $1.5 billion per year on dairy products and anything containing dairy products. Having known someone that was responsible for buying dairy products, I got an education on how screwed up the system is. Reading the arguments from other producers, it boils down to avoiding competition in the marketplace. Your government--making sure you pay the highest price for less.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home