"We're building a product that helps people buy more crap - and watch porn"
I love interviews with outspoken CEOs. You realize they are either idiots (Overstock's Patrick Byrne as shining example #1), brilliant, average, crazy, or a combination of all four. So when Fortune's Jeffrey O'Brien sat down with Seagate's CEO Bill Watkins, it was refreshing to read his take on things. I've heard of Watkins' reputation here in Silicon Valley but have not read much about him.
My favorite quotes:
"Let's face it, we're not changing the world. We're building a product that helps people buy more crap - and watch porn."
About the HP pretexting scandal: "I saw it and thought, it's good to know there's a board of directors more dysfunctional than mine."
My favorite quotes:
"Let's face it, we're not changing the world. We're building a product that helps people buy more crap - and watch porn."
About the HP pretexting scandal: "I saw it and thought, it's good to know there's a board of directors more dysfunctional than mine."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home