ShareBuilder
Well, I took the plunge on ShareBuilder and opened an account. Two factors helped:
1) the initial bonus for signing up through Costco was $85 (I was wrong in this post--my wife is an Executive Member) and a 25% rebate on transaction fees, and
2) the stock I would like to accumulate is over $100 per share. Looks like I will have to buy it gradually for now.
Hmmmmm. I just noticed that they changed the new account bonuses to $55. I guess if you're going to take advantage of Costco service specials, do so quickly. I'll take that extra $30, thank you very much!
1) the initial bonus for signing up through Costco was $85 (I was wrong in this post--my wife is an Executive Member) and a 25% rebate on transaction fees, and
2) the stock I would like to accumulate is over $100 per share. Looks like I will have to buy it gradually for now.
Hmmmmm. I just noticed that they changed the new account bonuses to $55. I guess if you're going to take advantage of Costco service specials, do so quickly. I'll take that extra $30, thank you very much!

3 Comments:
Sweet! $85 bonus - that is awesome. Too bad I missed that, I only got the $50 bonus.
By
Anonymous, at 6:58 AM
What's your $100 stock? I want some BRKB =)
By
Anonymous, at 9:32 AM
Jonathan, I'm going with TOT. One of the best run oil companies, with upside potential even if oil prices fluctuate wildly. Plus their dividend yield is just under 3% right now. Their ADR will be splitting 2-1, so the listed price will be going down soon. Right now I'm going to reserve my Sharebuilder account for good dividend stocks. My other investments are solely growth and speculative deals.
You're not aspiring to the A-class on BRK? ;)
By
Dwight, at 1:34 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home