Cárcel at Terra Serena
A follow-up to my post on the development going in between a freeway and a prison. I found some more information online. The pencil sketches are pretty as well as the virtual graphics, but neither quite convey the full effect I’m sure you will get having to drive past the prison to pull into your subdivision. I’m sure I’m too hard on them and it will be a lovely place, but I think it’s a great peek into the housing mentality in the San Francisco Bay area that anyone would even consider doing this.
So here are the three developments for the subdivision. The single-family homes start from the low $700Ks, which was the midpoint of my guess. There are condos that start from the low $400Ks.
Viento at Terra Serena
Cielo at Terra Serena
Luna at Terra Serena
You’ll notice the “directions to the community” are a little light on overall perspective. Plus, the sales office is on the right side of Able Street. The multi-family units will be on that side of the street, but the remainder will be next to the prison, the freeway, or both.
Here is part one of the development’s environmental impact report. A good drawing of the development can be found on page 10. One other aspect I had forgotten about is that the Hetch-Hetchy aqueduct (which takes water from behind the Hetch Hetchy dam in Yosemite for the San Francisco water supply) runs underneath the development. Probably no big impact there, but definitely something to think about every time you see standing water and it wasn’t raining…
So here are the three developments for the subdivision. The single-family homes start from the low $700Ks, which was the midpoint of my guess. There are condos that start from the low $400Ks.
Viento at Terra Serena
Cielo at Terra Serena
Luna at Terra Serena
You’ll notice the “directions to the community” are a little light on overall perspective. Plus, the sales office is on the right side of Able Street. The multi-family units will be on that side of the street, but the remainder will be next to the prison, the freeway, or both.
Here is part one of the development’s environmental impact report. A good drawing of the development can be found on page 10. One other aspect I had forgotten about is that the Hetch-Hetchy aqueduct (which takes water from behind the Hetch Hetchy dam in Yosemite for the San Francisco water supply) runs underneath the development. Probably no big impact there, but definitely something to think about every time you see standing water and it wasn’t raining…

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home